Making A Way in The Wilderness

Making A Way in The Wilderness

Sunday, April 28, 2013

an empty chair...

                                                                                   


Today I got those first flutters of expectancy. An empty chair? What could stir such an emotion. Well I'll begin with I love anything with character! And there's lots of talk about what is coming (the adoption) , but not any outward visible signs...so, a little inspiration. We'll call it our 'prayer chair'. 1 Thessalonians 5:17; pray without ceasing...so today we gained a physical reminder, an empty chair, to remember there is a sweet soul we can be praying for. I showed the kiddos our new addition & they looked at me kind of corny like they do & said what's it for? Are you going to paint it? And we talked about it being an empty space for our sister or brother. And I asked them to just pray...as they pass by, as they sit and play, just as it sparks a reminder of who's on the way.

Like this Mom? They had to try it out...Melt a mommies heart. And really it's for me; it's for when wading through this paper pregnancy seems overwhelming. And it's for purpose, to be reminded that in a short time we get to become parents once again. 1 Samuel 1:27 takes on a whole new meaning...and when someone might ask, are you sure you want to do this? I'd ask what if we don't? What if we leave one more child behind? 

Because today, I got to hear that very first flutter...some of you may be familiar with; around 8-10 weeks, that echoing heartbeat that just pulls a heart in...today was my day. And because 'they' are waiting, we'll continue to pray & look forward to what He has for us...

Ephesians 3: 20 "Now to Him who is able to do far more abundantly beyond all that we ask or think, according to the power that works within us, 21 to Him be the glory in the church and in Christ Jesus to all generations forever and ever. Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment