Making A Way in The Wilderness

Making A Way in The Wilderness

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

better late than never...Kai's Birthday


Sweet Kai turned 1 on June 24th...it was such a bittersweet birthday...I'm always emotional when it comes to any of the kids growing older...but this one was much different than any other birthday. I'm so thankful for the woman who chose life for Kai. I pray for her & her decision and hope she'll have a peace that passes all understanding. It saddens me to think Kai had no idea it was her birthday, or that she is worth celebrating. So we did our best. We enjoyed Chinese food, and I made her cake. I usually enlist a sweet friend for this task, but seeing that she had just given birth...it was Mom's turn to take a go. She gave excellent directions & let me borrow her cake pans. Gunnar selected sprinkles, Harper chose the little red heart for Kai & Tinlee made a Chinese flag to remember where she is this birthday. It was delicious & the kids were so proud of her little cake. Lots of tears were shed, but I'm so thankful for her. For 3 sweet children who pray the most precious heartfelt prayers for their sister. We can't wait to celebrate together...we are one day closer!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment