Making A Way in The Wilderness

Making A Way in The Wilderness

Saturday, October 19, 2013

sweet summertime...

So I was rummaging through the garage and found a scrapbook I started after our first trip to Disney World...I was pregnant with Harper, so now almost 4 years ago, where is that scrapbook...In the bag where I placed it after Harper arrived-that is so embarrassing, but this whole documenting our lives is hard. I'd stop but the trouble with that is my memory...it's foggy now, I can't imagine being sharper 20 years from now. And, time flies-that's no exaggeration...So when a baby book is empty it's not because we were short on memories/moments...just busy with a growing family.
So even after summer has come and gone we have stories to tell...One fun stop was Destin, Florida....we had so much fun, we travel with friends and their family & this trip we got to meet up with friends from home for dinner it was a treat!
We always have all these ideas and plans...and kids well they keep all those things in limbo. For this trip it was pics on the beach...I'm so glad there wasn't a camera following us; it didn't go as planned is what I'll say. But I captured a few sweet moments.
We can't predict their moods, nor ours, or who will have a meltdown when-and vacation is no exception. I was just scrolling through pics, remembering all the fun and not so fun moments...and it's funny how we have this idea in our head of how our lives will look and how they will be when this or that happens...but life happens...and really for us that has been the best of it all....all the good the bad and the real life stuff that makes such wonderful moments for us...

There is something about the crashing of the waves that just makes things better...the soft sand and waves rolling in is food for the soul. And the giggles and shrills that continued through the week were sweet commotion. We are blessed to work for  company that affords us blessings like trips with our friends and family. We are grateful & thankful for all that God has purposed in our lives.

"And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns." Philippians 1:6
 
      






     

   

   







No comments:

Post a Comment