Making A Way in The Wilderness

Making A Way in The Wilderness

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Thoughts of your rambling mom...


I just read a devo on certainty. I've been in therapy for anxiety for over a year now. So certainties do cross my mind or lack there of regularly. I wrestle with God on this. I keep wondering why do we only sing praise when things are good. When they go our way? When we get our hearts desire? Why don't we hear from one another when we are struggling, hurting, uncertain, heavy burdened? We've all been there. If we share any common bond this might just be it. Why aren't we giving thanks when things are uncertain? 
I had a conversation with a friend about her loss and she said she just was praying to be content. Not for another baby, not for the next happy thing, but just the possibility that this is what she has and she just wants to be content and thankful for life as it is. At the time I wasn't ready to enter that space, and was also evaluating my own thankfulness. But, today as a New Year begins...
I long to just give thanks because - the end. Because He continues to breathe life into me because He is sovereign, because His plan is best and like I read because in Him is the only certainty we can find. It's not just certain but for sure. He keeps His promise. He wins in the end. He is I am. As the sun rises and sun sets He is certain, sure, steadfast and a promise keeper. And that is enough to get excited about even in the middle of life's storms. 

Here's to learning to be thankful. 

Let us know; let us press on to know the Lord; his going out is sure as the dawn; he will come to us as the showers, as the spring rains that water the earth.” (Hosea 6:3 ESV)    

25  For I know that my Redeemer lives, 

and at the last he will stand upon the earth. 

26  And after my skin has been thus destroyed, 

yet in my flesh I shall see God Job 19:25-26   


The grass withers, the flower fades, 

but the word of our God will stand forever. Isaiah 40:8 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment