Making A Way in The Wilderness

Making A Way in The Wilderness

Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Joy

There is nothing that brings more joy than watching a child make a decision to accept Christ as their Savior. I've had the pleasure of being present for both and of course selfishly hope that I will for the little two but God knows His plan. I was reading another devo and it discussed that not all preachers kids are Christian...and off that branch we can gather that not every kid raised in church will be Christian. At first it was hard to swallow. But we aren't Holy Spirits, only stewards of His children...all uniquely their own with free will and journeys that we are pieces of but the goal is that they will stand on their own. We will set them free into the world and I don't want them to fall on only mine and Derek's salvation. It just won't be enough to live on. They need their own bread and faith! And I can't force them into a box that pleases me because ultimately they don't answer to me but to a risen God. 
But our Gunnar decided he Believes in Jesus. Thrill my soul. We have been having conversations over the last 6 months, sometimes silly, sometimes serious and sometimes just to avoid going to bed. And this time he was ready and now ready to also be bapbatized! Lol
Like Derek it's go big or go home and your all in! Jump feet first! Something about that mentality freaks me out, but I can also appreciate his commitment. And it tells me so much about my son. Gather the info, think about it, ask more questions, see what Dad/Mom thinks, reflect, be a goober, make sure you aren't doing it wrong, and lastly make a decision. Processing. Certain.   
We look forward to seeing where God leads- we know it won't be what we anticipate and we know it will look different but it will be Gunnar's journey unique to him. 
I pray he'll grow deep roots, that when he wavers/ wander he'll learn more fully how much he is Loved by God and by his parents. I pray he'll be a leader and a light and that he'll function in that as God intended and not as his parents desire- I pray we won't stand in his way, but be encouragers of his walk and learning who he'll be. He's becoming a wonderful young man and I'm so proud to be his momma! 




No comments:

Post a Comment