Making A Way in The Wilderness

Making A Way in The Wilderness

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Little Eyes are Watching


G requested his dad dress like him this last Sunday- I'm so thankful Derek honored the request. He was so excited and they both looked handsome. 
With all this time with our kids for the summer this pic reminds me about their little eyes and ears constantly tuned in to us. They live to emulate us- it's a shame because we will continue to disappoint them and fall short because we are so flawed. But God placed them with us and I pray we can honor His confidence in us to steward them to the best of our ability. To make each moment a teachable one and to apologize when we are at fault-
And I pray they'll see the joy that it brings us being their parents, even when we are exhausted, stressed, over- extended and weary. I pray they'll remember the good but in an honest way- we aren't perfect by any means. Funny how snapping a pic can convict a heart- Gods funny that way! We just have to be willing to hear- oh Be still my heart! 

No comments:

Post a Comment