Making A Way in The Wilderness

Making A Way in The Wilderness

Friday, June 20, 2014

The Best Medicine


Harper wore her 'star factor' shirt to bed last night and I was scrolling through pics in hopes of completing a photo book in the next decade. This pic had me cracking up...and is so telling of what life with 4 looks like. Everyone dancing to their own beat. Someone is sleepy, someone is hungry, someone I'm sure needs to be changed. But someone is usually funny. It's hard to take when your being all parental- lol teaching life lessons and all. But I took a deep breath remembering laughter is the best medicine. And Derek and I have such fun laughing at all the crazy that happens around here. It's a wonder! Just when you want to pull your hair out there is comic relief. A friend at the park was saying that children are for our character not theirs. And the ones with more children need the most work. Can I get an amen?! So true that God is more concerned about our character than our parenting because one thing follows the other. And as I let that digest, I thought of His laughter at me trying to get my square children to fit in round holes ;) I love seeing them evolve into indivuals, I dread seeing my own imperfections glare off of them at me, but I do love to laugh. And that sure makes the lessons easier to learn! Here's to parenting! It's a good good life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment