Making A Way in The Wilderness

Making A Way in The Wilderness

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Father's Day


My cup overflows!!! 



Sweet Gunnar decided to be baptized on Father's Day. It was such a special day and he was so excited. To see him make a decision and follow it up in obedience was enough to push me over the edge. It's those glimpses of His glory that make me so thankful to be a mom! 
I told Derek this was the first year to feel sad on Father's Day. Maybe just hormonal and sleep deprived but either way more emotional than others. I can't say too much about my Dad who gave me life because he was here for such a short time, but I'm so thankful for his love for me and for giving me life.  And my Dad/ grandfather has been the man who holds most of my memories and I'm so grateful for that now. Had he not stepped in to become my dad there are so many things about love I wouldn't have learned. He paved the way for knowing we could love Kai as our own. It's a precious picture looking back now. God has paved the road, it certainly has been so rocky and winding, but He has made it good, along with that man He gave me. So blessed and grateful to celebrate Gunnar's personal decision on such a special day!! And am so proud of the legacy Derek is leaving to his children that he is crazy about and is such a wonderful dad too. 
And on top of all that to have hope in our Heavenly Father who gives us the ability to love because He first loved us!!! He is Good! 


Love this with Kai checking Dad out! 


Sweet Embrace! 



No comments:

Post a Comment