Making A Way in The Wilderness

Making A Way in The Wilderness

Friday, March 21, 2014

4,3,2....

Words can't begin to describe the array of emotions that are traveling through my body/mind from moment to moment! We are about to officially grow from 3-4 kids...I'm excited, I'm overwhelmed, I'm thrilled, I could cry, I'm in awe of who God is and what He is teaching me... The day is finally here. And on the 31st we will meet our 3rd daughter face to face. First we get to be immersed in her culture with our oldest daughter. I'm so excited to be with Tinlee as she explores the world around her. I can't wait to see how this trip will shape who she is becoming and who she longs to be. I had a discussion with my mom about this adventure. She says 'adventurous' is not how I'd describe you. LOL...she's right, but what she doesn't know is all those trips where she asked me to look out the window or told me some random fact has given me a love to see all God has created. And Derek and I try to encourage our kids to do the same- check out the sunset guys, do you see those mountains, did you know??? ;) 

I'll be away from home for 18 days, Derek and Tinlee 11 and that seems like an eternity, but our girl has been without a home for 21 months and we've yearned to hold her in our arms since we first saw her face April 30th, 2013...335 days ago...and she was written into our lives long before that day. I prayed specifically about loving our next son or daughter just as I do the ones I was blessed to carry. And the moment I saw her face there were doubts or questions in my mind! 

So we've been prayed over, cooked for, made list, and list and another list, and the blessings just keep coming...


As we prepare to celebrate Easter- I am in awe of Gods love for us... It's never ending and more than I can comprehend for sure! He is always leaving reminders that He is ever present. We don't deserve the goodness He continues to lavish on us. We are so grateful to have the opportunity to walk in His will for our lives. 

Gotcha Day is coming!!! 



1 comment:

  1. This made me teary! We are soooo excited for y'all.

    We will be praying praying and cannot wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete