Making A Way in The Wilderness

Making A Way in The Wilderness

Sunday, March 30, 2014

Amazing Day!





Gotcha Day is so amazing! The energy in the room is palpable. We all were ready to go sit and wait and I was busy trying to take some pics and I hear Wen Xia- and Rita waving at me! What are you for real? Before we could put our bags down she was in my arms! Poor baby got car sick and was upset and confused and sleepy....I hand off my camera, Derek digs for iPad, Tinlee is in tears because there are babies and parents and it's chaos! And then the baby swaying begins....Kai stopped crying pretty quickly and let me console her. We got the snacks out and she was quiet and observed and was silly and loving. Today was incredible!! She let all 3 of us feed her and love on her- powerful prayers and sweet sweet families joined today! There's so much more I could say and 10,000 pics- but for now meet our sweetest Kai Maelin....



Introductions....she is so beautiful!


Tender Tinlee- this day overwhelmed my girl but she made the rounds to help with cameras and snacks and consoling kiddos! She amazes me! 


Tinlee caught a silly smile! We had all sorts of fun new cups and treats to try...


Taking a break from our walk around the room- not sure about Baba but did high five him...she stopped and rubbed her cheek against mine! My cup overflows! 


Gotcha 3/31/14 A day we won't soon forget! 


Kai napped on our walk to dinner and when she woke up went straight to Derek for food...and they walked all the way back to the hotel together- he is smitten! 
We are in love and can't wait to have all 6 of us together under one roof! Today was Beyond Beyond!! Ephesians 3:20




4 comments:

  1. Elizabeth and I are both crying and giggling. We are so giddy and happy for your family, for Kai. What a blessed day. Thank you Jesus for Kai and the Bryant's obedience to go! ♥♥♥ what a journey this has been.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for your first night. She is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. April and Derek, this brought tears to my eyes. That lil girl, YOUR little girl, will forever be secure . It's so cool and awesome that you are gonna give her a stable home filled with so much love!! Congratulations on your new addition. Lives are being changed!!! Enjoyed the pictures.... HURRY HOME!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This makes me so so happy for you guys!! She is one amazing little girl with a truly perfect family for her! We love little Kai!!

    ReplyDelete