Making A Way in The Wilderness

Making A Way in The Wilderness

Friday, March 28, 2014

Friday Happenings...


We had a long night- it was like nursing an infant between Derek and Tinlee. One was up and down- both were hot and sweaty! And after short spurts of sleep they'd wake up and think it was morning! Oh and Tinlee is sleeping in two chairs pushed together because the twins are a little cozy for two! Laughter here!!  I was unconscious between tending to them which is a huge blessing with my sleeping track record! 
We were hot! Turns out our a/c wasn't working and for this family of sweaty bodies we need air lol...
So we have moved rooms! Then Derek couldn't get the safe to work...So we got a visit from house keeping again- I think we are on a first name basis and the language barrier keeps me laughing...
Walked all over the city! And had authentic food in a local families home! So delicious! A real treat, we also took a rickshaw ride around an older part of the city.  CCAI is taking wonderful care of us. And Derek and I have had the pleasure of traveling with Jones on really great trips and we have really been impressed. 
Oh and let's not forget the highlight- our first experience with the squatty potty! Insert laughter here!!! And the fact that I dropped my glasses!!! Don't ask where! More laughter here- poor Tinlee was mortified! I'm glad it was me and not her. Traveling requires a sense of humor so I'm just trying to add to the trip ;) It could have won us lots of money on funniest videos...
Oh the wonder of a different culture. We have 2 wonderful guides and there are people everywhere. It's close to a holiday so people are out in droves. It's been really great and we've learned all sorts of wonderful history. We have met 5 other families in our group- all anticipating meeting their sweet sons and daughters! And every sweet face on the street would make my heart skip a beat thinking we are so close!!! 
So then to top off the day, off to the pool we went...cap needed! No hair in the pool! Laugh more!!! Then as we walk in it says wet floor and I step over into a 'baby pool' of water. Obviously I don't look before I walk and thankfully wasn't wearing my tennis shoes 🙈


              Cute little cap head!! 







   4 star potty- this one takes the cake!! 





No sweet and sour here- all delicious! Rice, potatoes, shaved cucumbers, garlic shoots, pork meatballs, chicken and the yummiest dumplings ever- 

Tomorrow we are off to the Great Wall! One more day closer to our girl!!! 

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you guys! Your another day closer. Yes the a/c issue. We were hot. No a/c was available yet in March.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos! So happy for your guys and enjoying following your journey! We've had a bit of a setback but praying we can overcome it this week. Really need to get our little Tori home.

    ReplyDelete