Making A Way in The Wilderness

Making A Way in The Wilderness

Thursday, April 10, 2014

...

I just counted out how many days I've been in *hina yesterday- it hasn't crossed my mind, I just have counted time by the agenda. Checking things off one at a time. And I've enjoyed it all- it is exhausting being out of my space, but I've napped daily and can do as much or as little as we can stand and I get the pleasure of being with Kai all day- the time with just her and I will be limited when we come home, so I'm relishing it all...Watching all the kiddos bloom and grieve is interesting...everyone has their own way or time- we laughed that we were thankful it wasn't all of them at once. Some days everyone looks a little weary, but new mercies come every morning. A better nights sleep, good eating, a turn for the better- well we ventured to the zoo yesterday! Against my better judgment, mind you I should have known better- miss Kai has been great so she was due for a meltdown. She was sleepy and it was hot! She fussed her way all the way through the zoo- Liz laughed and said she's officially normal! Toddler tantrum day was wearing me down. She wanted to walk everywhere, the grounds were uneven and she was tripping all over, she wanted ice cream then threw it on the ground, she wanted to climb over the fences with the animals, she wanted to be held, then wanted down, you get the drift. Thankfully, a good nap, bathtime and food and we were all smiles again...


Don't let this cute face full you- and a pic some of the days attractions...




Then we all met in the lobby for group pictures, so fun to see all the kids in their festive outfits... Kai was proud and looked very pretty. And we survived without any major meltdowns- you know taking pics of children is like herding wild cats! 



She was smiling at Liz- so cute!! 


Family pic- missing some members- but soon we will be together! 


The whole gang...and then the babies, older siblings had to join the fun. It was like the red carpet with all the flashing cameras...


And then to finish out the evening supper with friends... 



And then ice cream! Oh boy!!! 





To get the full experience it must be squished in hands!! 










1 comment:

  1. What an experience! Can't wait to see the first family picture!

    ReplyDelete