Making A Way in The Wilderness

Making A Way in The Wilderness

Sunday, April 13, 2014

Coming Home

Coming home-early morning, 4.5 hrs to Japan, 10 to Denver, 56 minutes to Amarillo...snuck a nap in the Denver airport! It was so awesome to land in the USA...lots of emotions as we prepared to make our last flight home.


Sweet family waiting for us anxiously at the airport! 


Sweet friends who have been along for this joyous ride with us...I wish they could have all come along to see what a wonderful journey we have had...


Speechless...


Meet Nana, looking to mom to make sure this is ok. And excited to explore her new doll. 


Baby was a hit- she doesn't know what to do with more than 1 toy...there was lots to absorb as she landed in Texas for the very first time! 


I love these two photos of Harper...she has waited so long to be a BIG sister and was faithful to pray daily for Kai. She just squeezed me and told me she was so happy we were home and just stared at me in the car and said, we are all together ;) I don't know where my little girl has gone! In 18 days she felt all grown up picking her up in my arms. 



And thanks to Gabe & Kathleen...these pictures are priceless!!! I love those deep almond eyes- I always wonder what in the world she could be thinking! 


And to finish off the welcoming- Braxton went in for a hug!! Love love love!!!!


84 miles to go, but thankful to have a full car for the ride home! 


Jesus Calling yesterday talked about trust- and that there is always a fork in the road where we either trust intentionally or rebel. A fork forced us to trust God had something better for our family...I'll say it again! His ways are better...and we are learning to trust intentionally! Extremely jet-lagged but with happy hearts we are grateful to be home!! 

But I trust in you, O Lord; I say, “You are my God.” (Psalm 31:14 ESV)








3 comments:

  1. Happy happy tears. So happy you are all together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing journey, amazing family & friends, amazing pictures! Glad you are home with your baby! Hugs to all

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to see you all made it home safely. Lovely family photos to cherish :)!

    ReplyDelete