Making A Way in The Wilderness

Making A Way in The Wilderness

Friday, April 25, 2014

The Little Things


There are so many things I want to remember about this stage and transition and Kai as a baby...here's a few...

When your ready for bed you hum and rock...And you thump your leg to go to sleep- thump thump thump

When we carry you and your excited or happy you kick your legs freely 

You sit down with your legs in a W 

You have a happy growl- we love to mimic 

Your a copy cat- from talking on the phone to crossing your legs, you mimic dad and I both

You walk and weeble wobble- we decided sort of like ET ;) 

You love to pat-a-cake and mark it with a K

You love to click your tongue and smack your lips

You are great at blowing kisses

Dad received your first and many slobbery kisses

you Love to clap

When sung to or when you hear music you sway from side to side 

When I sing to you, you hum along- so precious! 

Sometimes you walk with your hands on your hips but with your hands flat on your back- you started this strut in Guangzhou! 

You cock your head to the side when someone does it to you

You can cut your eyes at us already in a teasing way to get our attention 

You Love to be outside

You Love to ride in the stroller 

You are very observant- you watch every little move we make, there's no tricking you 

You adore your daddy

You'll try any food- you quickly spit it out if your not a fan

When we change your diaper you have a silly wiggle dance you do

You are fearless and love the bathtub 

Showing off your belly button is so much fun

No is NOT your favorite word

you do rattle off dada...

You can be found regularly on Tinlee's hip

We joke that your mama sounds like the not nice tone-the 4th tense that we vaguely remember- wish I could remember what it means...
I was thinking I remember the first time I called my grandmother 'Mom'...I actually corrected myself and we had the 'talk' over who she is and that it's ok. I know today in your eyes I'm a caregiver- you continue to study me very closely- you more than likely called your nanny mama...and I know I am still earning that title whether you know what a momma should be or not...so I look forward to the day that you call me your 'momma' because that's who your heart tells you I am- my heart made me your Mom before I ever saw your sweet face so the journey is well worth the wait...almost 1 month in, I'm not sure what life was like before you! 

We love you more...beyond,beyond! 



No comments:

Post a Comment